Thursday, July 1, 2010

Un Cumple Feliz

Many have asked how my birthday was (thanks for asking!), so I thought I would share my day with you.

It was wonderful! Argentina style. It was my first birthday away from family, first birthday in school, and first birthday in a different country. And no, 22 doesn't really feel too different.

The day started out with a bang with my Spanish final. No worries, I rocked it. As a birthday gift, my teacher glanced over my exam before I turned it in and hinted at my mistakes. I was going for just passing, as I was taking Spanish for fun rather than credit, but I got an A! I'll be sure to stick my diploma on the fridge when I get home.

After the exam, Rebecca, Olivia, and I went to Cafe Tortoni, a historic cafe I have been wanting to go to for some time now. In ecstasy, we sipped on submarinos, my new favorite drink. A steaming cup of milk is served with a big chocolate bar, which you sink to make hot chocolate.

 
The rest of the afternoon was spent wandering around the city, walking on sunshine. 
 
Then, we had a big Argentine, three-hour dinner, complete with...

LOTS AND LOTS OF MEAT...
(our waiter was in shock how much 5 small girls could eat)

DESSERT AND BIRTHDAY WISHES...
(dulce de leche crepes are amazing!)

AND GREAT PEOPLE!
(I'm going to miss these girls!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment